2018 Summit Request for Proposals
The application deadline has closed. If you submitted a proposal, expect a reply by February 23rd. Otherwise, please visit the 2018 Summit Website and stay tuned for program updates!
The Academy of Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Recovery invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 41st Annual Wellness and Recovery Summit, to be held June 15-18, 2018 in beautiful Denver, Colorado.
Each year the Summit provides professional education and training of the highest standards, by leading experts in the field of psych rehab, to members of the recovery workforce; equipping them with the latest and greatest information and tools to empower those they serve to thrive professionally, educationally, and as full citizens of their communities.
Share your innovative and inspiring ideas, technology, practices, programs, research and advocacy that will educate, ignite, and promote wellness, resiliency, and recovery for children, youth, families, and adults who live with mental health conditions.
INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINES
- There is no limit to the number of Poster, 5-, 20-, or 90-minute presentations you may submit for review. To begin an additional application, repeat step 2.
- Your application must be complete and submitted no later than 11:59 pm (PST) on Friday, January 26th, 2018.
- Poster Display: also referred to as “Abstracts,” these are displayed in the poster hall throughout the conference, and represent the latest research of both established and up-and-coming leaders in the field. New for 2018, select Poster Display submissions will be offered the opportunity to be presented in a Poster Presentation Highlights Session that will offer CE Credit (4-5 in one session, with approximately 15-20 minutes for each to be presented)!
- 90-minute Presentation: This is an instructor-led “Workshop.” Approved submissions in this category will be presented in dedicated classroom-style breakout session during the Summit. Typically lecture + PowerPoint*.
- 20-minute Presentation: These are often referred to as “TED-like Talks.” Approved submissions in this category will be grouped based on the content, and presented in a classroom-style breakout session during the Summit. Typically lecture + PowerPoint* or lecture-only.
- 5-minute "Ignite" talk: A fast-paced and pointed lecture + PowerPoint*.
Presentations are requested within the following focus areas:
- Interpersonal Competencies: motivational interviewing, responding to trauma, etc.
- Professional Role: provider role (ethics, etc), cultural issues, and international/global topics.
- Community Integration: community integration through development of valued roles (student, parenting, worker, etc).
- Assessment, Planning, and Outcomes: research, evaluation, value-based care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strategies for Facilitating Recovery: programs and strategies for facilitating resilience and recovery across the lifespan
- Systems Competencies: system issues, advocacy, and health justice in today’s healthcare environment
- Supporting Health & Wellness: developing and supporting health and wellness across the lifespan
- Emerging and exciting technology: to promote wellness, resiliency and recovery
If you have any questions about applicable content, please email the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.